So, I went back to work this week. On the one hand, I really needed to go back to work as living on a one resident salary isn't actually ideal; especially with a new baby and the number of disposable nursing pads I have to buy (heh heh).... On the other hand, it kind of sucked. Before Miles came into the world, we thought it wouldn't be a bad idea for my job to just be "moonlighting" basically. So I got a job at our community hospital Presbyterian as a part-time nocturnist, working six overnight shifts a month. Good gig, right? Well, reality came this past week as I actually went back. Things I'm sure will get better, but it was definitely an adjustment for all. Work was actually pretty busy and challenging (in an annoying way) and Miles, for whatever reason-- lack of mom? lack of boob? just because he's a baby and he changes every few days?-- wasn't eating or sleeping as well. Dad was tired, Mom was stressed, and Miles, despite the seeming feeding/sleeping issues, well, he's still a happy baby thankfully, with his occasional screaming fits. It's over thankfully for the week, and I'm halfway done with my shifts for the month, and more importantly we all survived and are in good spirits. Miles also spent some time this week with his new Manny, Will-- while mom slept. I think things went pretty well. Everyone got along and Will seemed completely un-phased as Miles one day pooped all over himself (nothing new) but also the bed/comforter. I hope things continue to work out well. Will's schedule seems to work perfect with ours since ours is so variable and despite the fact that I did find my Manny on craigslist, he seems really nice and great with Miles.
The only exciting thing about work, was that apparently they were filming a new movie (with some pretty big names-- Jack Nicholson, Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and one of the Wilson brothers) at Presbyterian overnight. I unfortunately didn't get to see anyone famous, but I did get to see that awesome amounts of production that go into a production. I looked out the window overnight and saw suddenly that I didn't work at Presbyterian hospital anymore but Saint Theresa's hospital. They also put up these huge baseball stadium lights on the roof of the hospital and brought in some rain... it was kind of cool... compared to the work i was doing...
Anyway, I didn't think I would ever say this, but I'm excited to go back to exclusively breastfeeding, at least for the next few days. I miss the little bugger draining those suckers. Miles continues to grow and do new things... he's recently discovered his hands and likes to try to put his entire fist in to his mouth.
...going for it...
going for it....
got it!
No comments:
Post a Comment