Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the fourth month


It's been a while since a posting, mostly because the beginning of november was exhausting. We're not sure if Miles was teething (no tooth yet) but he went through a few days period of crankiness, unbelievable amount of drool, chewing on things and not sleeping. Sampling of the "angry cry" which at times was funnier than upsetting (at least to me, probably not to Miles)...






Unfortunately the not sleeping turned into a pattern of erratic not sleeping and there was a week or so in there where I was just not sleeping at all. He was up to eat, he was up to not eat. He was just up-- every couple hours, every hour, whatever his fancy.... I finally said enough, this was not humane (for me) and went to the bookstore to be the classic mom consumer and buy multiple sleep books. So we've been working on the sleep training and I have to say its going pretty well! He still gets up to eat but any other time I let him cry and for the most part, he's sleeping much better. Last night he got up at 5 am to poop all over the place. That was a new one.... and I don't think they cover that in the Ferber or healthy sleep habits, happy child books. How to time massive poop-age so that it doesn't happen in the middle of the night?
Speaking of poop-age-- Miles has somehow managed to learn how to trajectorize his poop so it all lands OUTSIDE of the diaper. It really is like a magic trick. ...our little houdini/(hou-doodoo).

Despite my exhaustion, Miles continues to grow like a weed, physically and developmentally. While he did roll a month or so ago, he's decided that he's done with rolling and has refused to roll since-- (n)either from tummy nor back. He instead loves to stand and sit up on his own-- both practically unsupported if it weren't for that little pesky balance problem (lay off the booze mom)... is grasping at anything and everything... (our little monkey hanging on to the rings)

and we noticed the other day he has learned to transfer toys from one hand to the other. Amazing! (the things we get excited about these days...) He's also laughing and babbling up a storm which we love. I'm not quite sure where he weighs in at at this point, but I do know he is blowing through clothes faster than he can wear them. We're up to the 6-9 month sizes as he's quickly outgrown his 3-6 month stuff. here is a collection of the fall line:



this one is already a little tight.... skintight bodysuit anyone? sorry miles.

yes, these are michigan colors but it was a gift and despite the blue/yellow, he's pretty cute.

We think Miles is so advanced (well, whatever, I just really wanted to feed him), that we started some rice cereal last night! He did pretty well with the spoon, and I think probably 50% made it into his mouth, with the rest down his bib. Miles of course tried to get ahead of himself and "drink"/(bite) the bowl.



November, is also of course football season and for the big Ohio State/Michigan game Miles got suited up in his OSU gear and scarlet and grey.




A few visitors in the month of November--
Brian and Miles:

Steph, Lonnie, and Miles:


Until next time... here's my crazy boy: lights out with mr. worm (and yes, he put the worm there):

No comments: