Monday, August 3, 2009

It's a Monsoon!!


I have a lot to catch up on as everyday is a new adventure with baby miles! Mostly the adventures have been in boob juice and the ever so fascinating changes in poop; but none the less adventures they are... So we spent a total of five (loong) days in the hospital. Poor Aaron stayed with me the whole time, sleeping on uncomfortable couches every night to keep Miles and I company. We had lots of visitors every day which was great! There were a bunch more, but unfortunately don't have pictures of everyone yet!
grandpa Aunt Brenda Uncle Ethan

Grandma and Grandpa 3 generations of Hamiltons!



While the first few days of our hospital days were trying, the last couple were as well. Here is where the adventures in breastfeeding began... Miles is a bit of a BIG BOY and well, likes to be fed. Unfortunately Mom's milk had not come in yet so Miles was hungry for a day or so and VERY CRANKY as a result. Our poor boy would not be consoled (as I wasn't when I was starving for 30 hours) which was trying for mom especially when he got anxious and impatient and sad on the breast! I didn't sleep well for the obvious reasons, but even when we took a break with Miles in the nursery, I was so anxious I wasn't going to be able to take care of him and make him happy once we got home!!! We thankfully got through it though, with the help of the wonderful nurses and nursery in the hospital. And the last night, ta-daa! the milk arrived, and oh boy did it arrive!

Day of discharge:
Dad gets to finally try out the bed First trip in the carseat!



It's a monsoon! can be used to describe the weather outside on day of discharge... although it can also describe what is coming out of my breasts! All I can say is that I'm thankful that I can feed my baby; and thankful he is not cranky anymore and thankful to be home!


My floppy baby after food coma

1 comment:

BEO said...

Yea! I love all the pics!